Dr. Shamon is a Specialist Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and Fertility Specialist. He provides professional and excellent health care for women and is passionate about helping couples with infertility. He is highly regarded by his patients for his friendly and caring nature.
Background and training
Having graduated from The University of Melbourne in 1998, Dr Shamon completed his specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Royal Women’s Hospital and Monash Medical Centre. He has been involved in public practice from a clinical and teaching perspective for over 14 years, and has a staff specialist appointment in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Monash Medical Centre. He is involved with teaching at Monash University. Dr Shamon is the first Australian surgeon to be trained in next generation transvaginal laparoscopy in France.
Monash Obstetrics is a full comprehensive care group for women in the south eastern area providing Infertility services, Gynaecology, and Obstetrics.
Monash Obstetrics also offers onsite pathology, ultrasound, paediatric services and diabetic educators.
Dr Shamon works at City Fertility Centre as a Fertility Specialist. City Fertility Centre is committed to providing state of the art fertility treatment in a compassionate, confidential and supportive environment. The services he offers include evaluation and diagnosis of infertility for male and female patients, ovulation induction with Clomid, Intra Uterine Insemination, assisted reproduction with IVF and ICSI and pre-implantation diagnosis for genetic conditions. He has a proven pregnancy rate and has helped Australia’s oldest mother to conceive via IVF using her own eggs.
Obstetrician, Gynaecologist, Fertility Specialist
- Bachelor of Medicine at University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Surgery at University of Melbourne
- Member of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. (MRANZCOG 2006)
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. (FRANZCOG 2008)
- Monash Medical Centre
- Royal Women’s Hospital
- Austin Hospital
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Cabrini Hospital
- Jessie Mc Pherson
- Waverly Private Hospital
- Avenue Hospital
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology- Member
- Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy Society-Member
- Fertility Society of Australia-Member
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
Dr Shamon is the first Australian surgeon to be trained in next generation Transvaginal Laparoscopy in France.