Our General Practice is now offering telehealth services to improve your access to health care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Current patients can now connect with their GP via telephone for a consultation. If you are reluctant to visit the clinic in person for fear of catching the coronavirus, please telephone us to discuss whether we can help you in other ways.
How it works:
- Call Blackburn Clinic on 03 9875 1123
Note: For emergencies always call 000
- Book your appointment
Our reception staff will ask you some questions to make sure we can support your needs over the phone. In some cases you will be eligible to be bulk billed under a new Government initiative (see eligibility details below). With your approval, we will book a convenient appointment time and provide you with more information. Payment will be arranged at this time of booking if you are not eligible for bulk-billed telehealth services.
- You will be given a time window on the day of your appointment for the doctor to call your nominated number. Please ensure you are available to receive the call.
Eligibility for bulk-billed telehealth services:
- Isolated patients:
- person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 but is not in hospital
- person is required to isolated themselves in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC);
- Vulnerable patients (more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus), defined as:
- At least 70 years old
- At least 50 years old and is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- A parent of a child under 12 months
- Is already under treatment for chronic health conditions or is immune-compromised
- Patients who meet the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection. When you phone the clinic we can determine whether you meet this criteria.
If you do not meet the above criteria you may still be eligible for telehealth services, however, fees will apply.