Welcome to the Blackburn Specialist Centre
We pride ourselves on a high level of professionalism whilst offering a warm and caring environment to our patients, staff & Specialists.
We have a broad range of highly regarded consulting Specialists and Allied Health Professionals. Most of our Specialists require a referral from your GP, but many Allied Health Professionals do not need a referral. Please telephone us on 9875 1161 if you are unsure whether you need a referral.
BLACKBURN CLINIC IS NOW PROVIDING BOTH ASTRA ZENECA AND PFIZER VACCINATIONS.
WHICH VACCINE AM I ELIGIBLE FOR?
- Age 0-11 – not eligible for any Covid vaccination at this stage
- Age 12-15 – eligible for Pfizer. We have opened several dedicated sessions for 12-15 year olds only, on 13/11/2021, 27/11/2021 and 5/12/2021. The 160 appointments in each session allow greater physical spacing in order to permit ONE adult only to accompany each 12-15 year old. Anyone not aged 12-15 who books during this session will have their appointment cancelled. Book online by searching for an appointment on those dates with “Dr 12-15 Yr Olds Only Pfizer”.
- Age 16-59 – eligible for Pfizer. Our earliest available appointments are in NOVEMBER.
- Age 60 and over – Astra Zeneca and some people are occupationally eligible and some are medically eligible for Pfizer – click HERE to check whether you fit the eligibility criteria before booking online. Astra Zeneca appointments are readily available.
- If you are aged 18-59 and you would like to have Astra Zeneca, please book a (bulk-billed) appointment with one of our GPs to discuss your options. Astra Zeneca appointments are readily available.
- NOTE – mixed vaccines are not allowed in Australia. If your first dose was Astra Zeneca, your second dose must also be Astra Zeneca.
Year 12 students
The Victorian Government has announced a priority vaccination blitz for Year 12 students. From Tuesday 7 September until Friday 17 September, year 12 students will be given priority booking access at state-run vaccination hubs, as will their teachers and examiners.
Regrettably, Blackburn Clinic Pfizer appointments are booked out to November, so it is predicted that Year 12s will be able to access Pfizer earlier by booking at a state-run hub – via the Victorian Government portal: https://portal.cvms.vic.gov.au/
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker:
HOW DO I BOOK IN FOR A VACCINE?
- Pfizer eligible – use our online booking system (if booking for your second dose, please phone the clinic). Please don’t book unless you are eligible – we do check eligibility.
- Astra Zeneca eligible – we have AZ vaccines readily available, telephone the clinic to book
- New patients of any age – follow the instructions below.
To find an online appointment for your first dose of Pfizer vaccination :
– Search on SATURDAY & SUNDAY afternoons and select an appointment with “Covid Under 60 Eligible”. Stock limitations mean our earliest available appointment is now in NOVEMBER. Do not select a Doctor’s name if you want to book for a Covid vaccination. See full instructions further down the page.
Second doses (of Pfizer or AstraZeneca):
If you have had your first Covid vaccination elsewhere, please phone us to book your second dose (don’t book online) as the appointment requirements will be different.
For further information about the Astra Zeneca vaccine (including side effects such as the rare blood clotting condition) on the links below:
For further information about the Pfizer vaccine, please click on the link below:
Please ensure you read the relevant link in detail. Please DO NOT proceed with an online booking if you fall into any of the ‘precautions’ groups – such as allergy, bleeding disorder, immunocompromised etc. If these relate to you or if you have any questions, please make an appointment with your regular GP to discuss your suitability for a vaccine.
The link below shows you the consent form for the Astra Zeneca vaccine. It is important for you to read this prior to booking online. Booking your appointment online is an indication that you have consented for your vaccine.
Further information regarding our weekend COVID vaccine appointments can be found here:
For instructions on how to book an online appointment please click on the link below:
HOW TO GET PROOF OF YOUR COVID-19 VACCINATION
You can get proof via your Medicare online account through myGov, or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. See this link for instructions:
New Patients of any age
We regret that due to inadequate Covid-19 vaccine supply, we are temporarily postponing the registration of new (vaccine only) patients.
Should you wish to forward your New Patient Registration Form for the purposes of receiving your Covid19 vaccine at Blackburn Clinic in the future, you may do so. When vaccine supply increases, and there are online appointments available for you to book, we will process your form and let you know via text message.
NEW PATIENTS are unable to book online (due to software limitations) until the clinic has registered you in the system. Please complete a NEW COVID VACCINE PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM by clicking here. Please print out, complete the form, scan and email it back (to the email address on the form), or follow the alternate instructions on the form.
Existing patients who have not consulted with us for more than 2 years will need to phone our reception team to request an appointment.