Blackburn Clinic GPs at Blackburn Specialist Centre
A site of Blackburn Clinic.
Please go to our News Page to find out how we can continue to meet your healthcare needs during the Coronavirus pandemic.
We have a proud history of over 60 years providing excellence in General Practice with five Blackburn Clinic GPs practicing at this site. We are a private billing clinic:
- Comprehensive range of family medicine services
- Licensed Travel Vaccination Centre
- A medical training practice accredited with the RACGP
- Childhood immunisations
- Diabetes Clinic
- Men’s Health Checks
- Women’s Health Checks
- Health assessments for Over 75s
- Aviation Medicals
HOW TO BOOK FOR A COVID-19 VACCINATION
IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY.
We are now open for COVID-19 vaccine bookings for the 1b cohort of patients. This cohort includes everyone over 70 years of age. You may also be eligible if you are younger, so please check your eligibility on https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility If you are not part of this cohort, please continue to come back to this page regularly as we will update it as the roll out continues.
IMPORTANTLY, if you are
- On warfarin or have a bleeding disorder;
- Immune suppressed or on immune suppressing treatments;
- Have a history of anaphylaxis; or
- have questions about the Covid vaccines,
then you should book a regular appointment with your GP to discuss these issues prior to booking a Covid vaccine (do not book online).
If you are under 70 you must bring confirmation of eligibility to your vaccine appointment if you are in either of the groups below:
- occupational eligiblity (proof of this)
- medically eligible and NOT one of our regular patients (you need a letter from your regular GP confirming your eligibility).
The TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) has determined that COVID vaccines are both safe and effective. The side effects are generally mild in intensity and mostly settle in a day or two. The most likely reactions include injection site pain and tenderness, fatigue, headache, muscle pain and fever. Booking for your vaccination implies that you are prepared to consent for this. If you have questions please book a regular appointment instead.
Please book for your COVID vaccine using our online booking system:
- Click on the Online booking button and enter your Medicare number and date of birth and click “log in”.
- Use the calendar icon to select a date on Saturdays, Sundays (and Easter Monday), from 27 March onwards. We are only running COVID vaccine clinics on weekends at this stage.
- Choose any of the “COVID VACCINATOR”s that appear in the list of available appointments. If no appointments are showing on the window then that date may be fully booked. Keep selecting other Saturday or Sunday dates (eg. the following weekend) until appointments show on the screen.
- Ignore the gender of the COVID Vaccinator as this cannot be guaranteed. You cannot book to have a COVID vaccine with your normal GP. We have a team of qualified immunisers who are trained specifically to administer COVID vaccines.
- Press “Select & Continue”
- Tick that you agree to the Terms & Conditions (tick box is just below the wording in Red). Fill in your email address if you’d like to receive a confirmation of your booking.
- Click on the “Yes, Book this Appointment” blue button at the top left hand side of the screen.
- Appointments made online for individual GPs will be normal face to face appointments for other matters. If you are having difficulties with booking online, then you may like to firstly ask for assistance from a family member. Our reception team can arrange help if you are still requiring some assistance.
New patients are unable to book online (due to software limitations) and are asked to complete a NEW COVID VACCINE PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM by clicking here. Please print out, complete the form, scan and email it back (to the email address on the form), or follow the alternate instructions on the form.
Existing patients who have not consulted with us for more than 2 years will need to phone our reception team to request an appointment.
Our vaccination program will commence on Saturday 27th March and we will initially be running vaccine clinics from 1-5pm on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Note – over Easter, we will run vaccine clinics on Saturday 3rd April and Easter Monday 5th April.
It is very important that you attend at your check-in time. You will be greeted by a patient support worker and organised into a group of 4 and asked to sit in our waiting room. You will then be escorted to a consulting room to await the administration of your vaccine. You will then return to our waiting room for a period of 15 minutes (COVID vaccine protocol requires that you stay under observation for 15 minutes) after which time you may leave. The total time in the clinic is 30 minutes.
When you receive your first dose of COVID vaccine, you will be provided with an appointment time for your booster (second) dose, which is scheduled to occur 12 weeks after your initial dose, generally at the same time and day of week. This booster appointment can only be changed in exceptional circumstances due to stock control and vaccine supply issues.
Please contact us promptly if you need to cancel your booking due to illness. Please do not come to the clinic if you have a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms or have been in a hot spot area or have had contact with a confirmed COVID case.
We are extremely proud to be part of the first cohort of general practices around Australia that have been nominated to participate in the vaccine rollout.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine or are undecided about whether to have it, please book an appointment to discuss this with your doctor. While you are waiting for your appointment there are some things you can be doing to get ready for your vaccine: Preparing for your COVID-19 Vaccination.
Flu vaccination bookings can be made by telephoning our reception team. Please be aware that your Flu and COVID vaccinations need to occur at least 2 weeks apart.
FLU VACCINATIONS CANNOT BE BOOKED ONLINE.