Welcome to the Blackburn Specialist Centre
We pride ourselves on a high level of professionalism whilst offering a warm and caring environment to our patients, staff & Specialists.
We have a broad range of highly regarded consulting Specialists and Allied Health Professionals. Most of our Specialists require a referral from your GP, but many Allied Health Professionals do not need a referral. Please telephone us on 9875 1161 if you are unsure whether you need a referral.
BLACKBURN CLINIC IS NOW PROVIDING BOTH ASTRA ZENECA AND PFIZER VACCINATIONS.
WHICH VACCINE AM I ELIGIBLE FOR?
- Age 0-16 – not eligible for any Covid vaccination at this stage
- Age 16-39 – eligible for Pfizer ONLY if you have a certain medical condition or occupation (check on link below).
- Age 40-59 – eligible for Pfizer unless you had Astra Zeneca for your first dose as mixed vaccines are not allowed
- Age 60 and over – Astra Zeneca (unless you are one of a very small number of people eligible for Pfizer due to occupation or contraindications – in this case please phone the clinic)
- If you are aged 18-59 and you would like to have Astra Zeneca, please book a (bulk-billed) appointment with one of our GPs to discuss your options.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker:
HOW DO I BOOK IN FOR A VACCINE?
- Pfizer eligible – use our online booking system (if booking for your second dose, please phone the clinic)
- Astra Zeneca eligible – please phone the clinic
To find an online appointment for your first dose of Pfizer vaccination :
– Search on SATURDAY & SUNDAY afternoons and select an appointment with “Covid Under 60 Eligible”. Do not select a Doctor’s name if you want to book for a Covid vaccination. See full instructions further down the page.
Second doses (of Pfizer or AstraZeneca):
If you have had your first Covid vaccination elsewhere, please phone us to book your second dose (don’t book online) as the appointment requirements will be different.
For further information about the Astra Zeneca vaccine (including side effects such as the rare blood clotting condition) on the links below:
For further information about the Pfizer vaccine, please click on the link below:
Please ensure you read the relevant link in detail. Please DO NOT proceed with an online booking if you fall into any of the ‘precautions’ groups – such as allergy, bleeding disorder, immunocompromised etc. If these relate to you or if you have any questions, please make an appointment with your regular GP to discuss your suitability for a vaccine.
The link below shows you the consent form for the Astra Zeneca vaccine. It is important for you to read this prior to booking online. Booking your appointment online is an indication that you have consented for your vaccine.
Further information regarding our weekend COVID vaccine appointments can be found here:
For instructions on how to book an online appointment please click on the link below:
New Patients of any age
NEW PATIENTS are unable to book online (due to software limitations) and are asked to complete a NEW COVID VACCINE PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM by clicking here. Please print out, complete the form, scan and email it back (to the email address on the form), or follow the alternate instructions on the form.
Existing patients who have not consulted with us for more than 2 years will need to phone our reception team to request an appointment.